Player

Listen or Download:

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

surname-sake

This is nothing to do with Ukrainian music, or Ukrainian anything for that matter. Well, maybe marginally.

I just came across a blog called Knit like a man by some guy sporting my maiden name. The blogger lives in Toronto but is originally from Winnipeg.

No relation far as I know, but, you never know how far back these connections go.

Quite by accident ... through a client, actually ... a few years ago I found a 3rd cousin here in Vancouver by that same name (we figured out we have the same great-great grandfather). My newfound relative had in his possession a copy of an unpublished family manuscript written by my great-uncle years ago, which he very kindly shared with me.

Funny how these things happen.

So anyway if you're into knitting, check out his blog. H/T to Inside the CBC

No comments:

Featured Post

Giving Tuesday - Worthy Ukrainian (and other) causes to support

After the excitement of Black Friday and Cyber Monday subsides, along comes Giving Tuesday. Also known as the Global Day of Giving, or in Uk...