Here's this week's recipe... the audio clip that aired on Nash Holos is available at the NH website from now until the next program update.
Braised Short Ribs of Beef
2 lbs short ribs of beef (ask your butcher to cut the ribs into serving pieces)
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp fat
1 small onion, chopped
½ cup hot water
½ cup tomato juice
1 large carrot, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 small red pepper, sliced
3 tbsp sour cream
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Rub each piece of beef with the crushed garlic.
2. Dip in seasoned flour and brown in hot fat.
3. Add the onion, hot water, tomato juice, salt and pepper.
4. Cover and cook in a 350°F oven for 1½ hours, or until nearly tender.
5. Then add the vegetables and continue cooking for about ½ hour, or until the ribs and vegetables are done.
6. Season the sauce to taste.
7. Add 3 tablespoons of sour cream.