* On Ukrainian Food Flair, Sylvia Pidraziuk Molnar has tips for Ukrainian cooking and information on sunflowers. Tonight's recipe: Sunflower cookies.
* On Travel Tips for Ukraine and Eastern Europe, Myrna Arychuk of Solaway Travel has tips for travellers to Ukraine looking for their family roots. This week's topic: cemeteries in Ukraine.
* New! A Spiritual Moment returns to Nash Holos! Tonight: Знами Бог - God is With Us (Znamy Boh) ... Fr. Edward Danylo Evanko on the Myrhh-Bearing Women.
* An interview with Fr. Ihor Kutash, of St. Mary the Protectess Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Montreal and a professor of theology, who will be sharing the microphone with Fr. Edward on A Spiritual Moment.
* Petriw's Political Perspectives ... the third in a series of interviews with local political observer Mirko Petriw and Ukrainain political commentator Mykola Riabchuk, on Ukraine's two top political figures.
* Proverb of the Week, community events listings, and other items of interest to the Ukrainian community in the Lower Mainland ... and beyond.
And of course, plenty of Great Ukrainian Music from all corners of the globe!
Sunflower Seed Cookies:
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups quick cooking rolled oats
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup golden raisins (optional)
1. Cream butter and sugars.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
3. Add dry ingredients with the sunflower seeds and raisins. Mix thoroughly.
4. Role into logs 2 inches in diameter. Wrap and chill thoroughly (about 30 minutes).
5. Cut into 1/2 inch slices. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on racks.
Makes about 5 dozen.
Try it - It's Ukrainian!