Last Sunday's edition of Nash Holos Ukrainian Roots Radio featured all things Easter.
• Kultural Capsule ... Vasyl Pawlowsky explains about traditional Ukrainian Easter games called hayivky, and the work of a Ukrainian folk ensemble to preserve this ancient but fast-disappearing tradition
• A Spiritual Moment of Ukrainian Christian Heritage ... Fr Ihor Kutash of St. Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Montreal tells the story of a miraculous Ukrainian icon
• Ukraine News Outlook ... with Keith Perron featuring latest news from Ukrainian, including Chernobyl in the advent of the 25th anniversary of the world's worst nuclear disaster
• Ukrainian proverb of the week
• Upcoming events in the local Ukrainian community
• Plenty of great Ukrainian Easter music!
Podcast feed is updated, as is the music lineup on the Nash Holos Playlist page with track titles and artists.
International Edition will air this weekend on PCJ Radio.
Please join guest hosts and me next week for special programming dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster.
A great movie that was ahead of its time. Too bad there weren't more like it produced. Maybe if there were, the West would not be so i...
Last Sunday on Nash Holos Judy shared an awesome recipe for buckwheat holubtsi (cabbage rolls). It's an encore presentation (originall...
Probably the most loved food in the Ukrainian tradition is ... you guessed it ... varenyky, or perogies, or as we called them growing up on ...
Here’s another of Judy’s recollections from her memorable trip to Ukraine and preparing for a family wedding in the village. She shared it o...