- On Ukrainian Food Flair, some quick and easy tips on preparing the perfect Easter ham
- On Travel Tips for Ukraine and Eastern Europe, Myrna has tips on some great European stopovers
- Local political observer Mirko Petriw discusess the Orange aftermath with Ukrainian political commentator Mykola Riabchuk
- Upcoming community events including Easter week church services
- Plenty of Great Ukrainian music! Musical theme: "Green" ... in honour of our Irish friends.
Here's this week's recipe...
Easy Baked Easter Ham
6-8 lb ready-to-serve smoked ham
¼ c prepared mustard
½ c brown sugar
For baking liquid:
1 ½ cups apple cider
2 whole cloves
1 small bay leaf
1 sprinkle of freshly ground pepper.
1. Skin the ham and score the fat in diamond shapes so the glaze will soak in and stick to the ham.
2. Mix the mustard and sugar and spread on the ham. (For extra beauty and flavor, place a clove into each diamond of fat.)
3. Place the ham and other ingredients in a large roaster
4. Bake at 350˚ F for 1 – 1 ½ hours, basting three times during the last half hour of baking.
5. Tent with foil and rest for 15 minutes before carving, if serving warm.
6. Serve hot or cold, thinly sliced with beet relish, mayonnaise with horseradish and/or mustard assortment.
Try it ... It's Ukrainian!