Player

Listen or Download:

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Uniquely Ukrainian contemporary sound

A dear and loyal listener from the east coast of the United States sent me a link to this video, which he says he just loves. I like it too, so thought I'd share it with you.

I'm not crazy about the sleazy costumes the dancers are wearing, but the song is great. It comes close to that uniquely Ukrainian genre of contemporary music that I keep hoping will materialize and take the world by storm.

The artist is Natalka Buchinska. I really like her music but unfortunately don't have any of her CDs for broadcast. If I did, she'd get a lot of airplay. And if it came with liner notes in English translation, Nash Holos listeners would be able to get to know her better. (I hope her manager reads this blog!)

Here's the video:



Here's another he also sent me a while ago. (Thanks, Ronnie!)

No comments:

Featured Post

Giving Tuesday - Worthy Ukrainian (and other) causes to support

After the excitement of Black Friday and Cyber Monday subsides, along comes Giving Tuesday. Also known as the Global Day of Giving, or in Uk...