Player

Listen or Download:

Monday, December 03, 2007

My Excellent Edmonton Adventure - Part II: Meeting Alberta's Premier

It was an absolute thrill to meet Alberta's Premier Ed Stelmach, Canada's Alberta's first premier of Ukrainian descent. He is warm and charming, and so down to earth that I was barely even nervous! His wife, Marie, is equally warm and charming. (That's Molly Anne next to Mrs. Stelmach and me next to the Premier.)

I gave Premier Stelmach an autographed copy of Kobzar's Children: A Century of Ukrainian Stories, and he gave me a Christmas CD of the St. Michael-Krakow Ukrainian Catholic Choir, in which he and his wife sing (he sings bass and she sings soprano).

Premier Stelmach is the second Canadian premier I delivered a copy of KC to. (The first was my own BC Premier, as you can see in the photo at the book's blog here.) Unfortunately I didn't have the presence of mind to remember to get either the book or the CD in this photo. :-(

The CD is outstanding, and you will definitely hear tracks from it on Nash Holos during the Christmas season!

No comments:

Featured Post

Giving Tuesday - Worthy Ukrainian (and other) causes to support

After the excitement of Black Friday and Cyber Monday subsides, along comes Giving Tuesday. Also known as the Global Day of Giving, or in Uk...